Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peeves, part one

So. I started this post probably about 3 months ago. It's been sitting in my post list, waiting to be actually written.

I know it's a pain to listen to people whine and fuss about things they don't like in life. Which is why I don't do that much, especially not in public. The internet is basically public. We all know that.

Anyway, so my peeve this time is when people flake at the last minute. So I know that's basically a peeve of everyone, but in the instance that inspired me to write this post, I invited a couple friends to do something. Both of them ended up cancelling, but one told me the night before. That didn't make me too happy but I wasn't mad about it - at least he let me know the day before. The other friend pretty much waited until an hour before we were going to hang out to tell me that he couldn't.

So that just really annoys me. I think it's inconsiderate and irresponsible and bad communication. If you think or know you won't be able to hang out, let the person who invited you know as far in advance as possible. And if they're upset, apologize. Don't make it seem like it's trivial.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment