I thought I had a post already entitled "Remember when" or something like it, but apparently not. But I'd like to have some sort of series of nostalgic posts. I guess this will have to be the first then.
Some moments ago I was looking through my twitter feed and something a friend posted about emailing reminded me of when I used to write emails to people. Of course, I still write emails, but now they are very perfunctory - serving whatever communicative need I happen to have.
It didn't use to be that way. When I was still in highschool, at home most every day because of home studies, I would write emails to my friends just to talk to them. Kind of like letter writing back in the day before internet. Or texting now. You see something funny, you have an idea, you're upset about something, you tell a friend.
But sometimes I would send random emails to people. I would come up with whatever sort of random stories or ideas popped into my head when I was writing, put them into a couple of paragraphs, maybe do a little "stream of consciousness" (which half of my blog posts end up doing in some way) and then hit "send."
I thought they were pretty funny, and at least if they didn't make my friends laugh, would hopefully lighten their day a little.
It's probably been over 6 or 7 years since I did that. It was such a fun idea. What happened?
I know part of it is that now I have more people who I see face to face and with whom I can share my life and thoughts. But then I realize I'm just not as random and goofy as I used to be.
Sometimes I don't like getting older.
No comments:
Post a Comment