Monday, May 16, 2016

Reflections in the Holy City

A note of introduction: on May 10th I began a tour of Israel both to see the historical and holy sites as well as to perform with a group of friends, brothers, and sisters in honor and support of the nation and people of Israel.

One of the things I didn't think to bring on my trip to Israel was a notebook, and I only realized now, on the 7th day of the trip, that I could have been blogging this whole time. Ah well better than never.

I think I have reached the point where words cease to be capable of describing what it is like to be here. As someone who has grown up hearing and studying the history of Israel and the life of Jesus, it's overwhelming to be here.

These are a few of the things I have been able to experience.
The Galilee
I had a short boat ride on the sea and was able to sing praise to Him on the water.
I dipped my feet in the water and my heart was filled as I looked out over the sea.
I watched the sun rise over the sea and the hymn sprang to my mind: "Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee: how great Thou art!"

I will continue this soon, since so far the tour has included the dead sea, Masada, the last holdout of the Jews who rebelled against the Romans, and many sites in Jerusalem, the City of David.

No comments:

Post a Comment