So here it is, the next year in the ever continuing succession of earth's revolutions around the sun.
My sister and I were discussing how the holidays had seemed different in recent years, somehow not as significant and monumental as they once were.
When it comes to celebrating the new year, however, I have never really taken stock in the whole "resolutions" idea. The true resolutions are the ones you make when you realize you need to change something in your life and proceed to do so - slowly, inconsistently, at first, but then improving.
Many people also take it as a time to reflect on the past year, going in hand of course with the making of resolutions for the new year.
It has been a while since I wrote a blog post and I wanted to do one for the end of the year. I didn't particularly want to write a reflective post talking about the year past - I don't know what I could possibly reflect about that would be any more than a bunch of random wandering and mostly pointless thoughts.
And today, I realized that I already do that throughout the rest of the year - reflect on my life. And my resolutions, I make, as I believe true resolutions are made, at points along my life when I need to change something, whether that's the middle of the winter or the middle of the summer.
So when it comes to honoring the new year, I eat food, drink drinks, play games, spend time with people I like, and yell loudly and make noise and maybe light some fireworks when the clock hits midnight.
Happy 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment