That's right, you should be reading the title with a Sylvester the Cat style lisp. Good ol' classic cartoons. Don't make 'em like they used to.
BUT this post isn't about cartoons. It's about.... dun dun dun....
SOCIAL MEDIA.
Yes, I know, it's been around for years now. But it's still relevant. I think twitter is hitting its prime and facebook apparently has peaked and is possibly on the downslide. Instagram seems to be doing fine.
But I'm not here to talk about all those sites and how they are or are not doing.
I'm here to talk about ME. Because that's kind of what you do on social media. You talk about yourself, your thoughts, your events, your experiences. It sure is ME-dia. Har har. Sorry. Apparently it's that time of the night.
Which brings me to why I started writing this post in the first place. For some reason, I tend to post more stuff later at night. I mean, I'm kind of a night owl in general. I get more creative and productive and focused at night. Not sure what exactly makes that the case, but whatever. Go with it. Flow with it.
However. It so happens that when you post things on facebook or twitter between midnight and, say, 6am, well, not many people are around to see those things when they first pop up. Then when said people do get around to looking all the ME-dia from other people, all the stuff that's more recent (i.e. after 6am-ish) shows up.
So what's the big deal? Just post during the day. Well, I do that, some. But my brain just doesn't turn on in the same way during the day. Even if I think of stuff to post I'm much more likely to just think it and not actually post it.
At night though. At night. Stuff gets real. Okay so that doesn't really work as a euphemism. So sue me.
ANYWAY. Those of you who actually read this blog will start to see a pattern. Very few of my posts are written during daytime hours, and most of them are written after midnight. (3am seems to be my standard bewitching hour).
Aha. I know I will develop a widget or add-on or whatever that allows me to write and enter things when I feel like it, i.e. late at night, and then actually posts them during higher media traffic times when people are more likely to see them. Great idea.
like that's going to happen. Heh.
BTW if anybody is twitting or tweety birding or sylvester the cat-ing, my twitter "handle" is @violaphoria
I TAWT I TAW A PUDDY TAT. I DID I DID!
Post whenever you want, as far as I'm concerned. I'll read it. Of course I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, but I do read your blog.
ReplyDelete